Sea, sun, fun, history and food… on your holiday in Mykonos, where life never stands still, you can find all that you are looking for. Here is a list of our recommendations on everything from beaches to restaurants, accommodation to entertainment…
If you want to swim and sunbathe on the most fashionable beaches where world-famous stars line up to have their photos taken, here are our suggestions.
- Psarou: Every year thousands of tourists, and particularly famous personalities, visit this beach. Located 4 kilometers from the center, the beach is surrounded by restaurants and water sports centers. Whenever I go here I am never disappointed.
- Paradise: An extraordinary beach in a heavenly bay. At around 5 pm the music begins and is played at a loud volume throughout the evening. To reach this beach, which is located 6 kilometers from the center, we took the bus, which leaves every ono hour.
- Agios Sostis: If you come here in high season you will find the beach bursting at its seams. This is another beach that is very popular among tourists, and making it even more popular are the small restaurants that line the beach and the coastline.
- Agios Stefanos: If you are looking for comfort close to the center, this beach is the place for you. The services at this beach, which is located close to many hotels where you can stay, get full marks.
- Kalo Livadi: Kalo Livadi, located at the spot where a valley opens on to the sea, offers a picture postcard view… It is one of Mykonos’s longest beaches and is just 10 kilometers from the center.
The most popular Mykonos restaurants for wonderful seafood and delicious lunches and dinners.
- Nammos: Nammos has made its name as a wonderful beach restaurant and fully deserves all the praise it receives. The restaurant is spread out over a large area on Psarou Beach, and we recommend that you try any of their Mediterranean dishes. www.nammos.gr
- Matsuhisa Mykonos: Located inside the Belvedere Hotel, this restaurant is for those who can’t live without Japanese food no matter where they are. The presentation of the dishes created by Nobu Matsuhisa is also wonderful. www.belvederehotel.com
- Sol Y Mar: Sol y Mar Mykonos offers a wonderful fusion of ethnic flavors and Mediterranean cuisine. The restaurant also has helpful and friendly staff. www.solymar mykonos.com
- Koursaros: If you want to eat meze and fish, this is the perfect place for you. Jazz lovers should note that they frequently play this style of music. www.koursarosmykonos.gr
- Bay View Beach Restaurant: A delicious stop on the Paragas beach. Bay View offers mainly Mediterranean dishes, and you can choose to come here for both lunch and dinner. www.bayview-mykonos.com
5 Sunset Spots
5 wonderful places on this romantic island where you can watch the sunset.
- Caprice Bar: As a fan of the island and Little Venice district, I will of course tell you that it is from here that you will see the most beautiful sunsets. If you are in Mykonos with your partner make sure you pay a trip to the Caprice Bar, where you can watch the sunset while sipping on a mojito. caprice.gr
- Montparnasse: Another bar in Little Venice. Monparnasse, which was founded in the 1980s, is also known as ‘Piano Bar’. And this name comes as no surprise, as here you can listen to live music accompanied by the piano. www.thepianobar.com
- Kastro Bar: A wonderful place. The Kastro Bar is almost hidden away in a corner, overlooking the windmills. Both the atmosphere and the wonderful view will make you feel as though you are in a dream.
- Bill & Coo Hotel: If you want to be able to watch the sunset from your hotel, the Bill & Coo Hotel is just the place for you. It’s wonderful views and excellent suites make this hotel a top choice, but to top it all of the staff are incredibly polite. www.bill-coo-hotel.com
- Rochari Hotel: We didn’t stay in this hotel but a close friend of mine stayed here with her partner last year, and they invited us to their hotel one evening. It was almost sunset and we were very happy to be there. www.rochari.com
5 Bars & Clubs
Great places to go in Mykonos, a place that has gained a reputation for its nightlife.
- Belvedere Bar: This central bar is actually part of the hotel of the same name. It has a range of award-winning cocktails. Make sure you taste at least one of them. www.belvederehotel.com
- Scandinavian Bar: This is one of the distinctive places to enjoy a night out. With cocktails, great music and affordable prices, this is one of the Mykonos favorites. www.skandinavianbar.com
- Paradise Club: Mykonos’s biggest nightclub. It is also considered one of the best in Europe. Here you can party from the evening until the early hours of the morning. www.paradiseclubmykonos.com
- Space: This centrally located club mainly plays techno and house music. If you enjoy dancing this is the place for you.
- Cavo Paradiso: Undoubtedly Mykonos’s best-known nightclub. Every summer, famous DJs play their music here and the fun lasts until the early morning. www.cavoparadiso.gr
5 Mykonos Hotels
Comfortable accommodation options where you can relax at the end of a long and tiring day.
- Mykonos Theoxenia Hotel: When describing this hotel that overlooks Moroso Beach, it is enough to say that it is colorful. Every room has a veranda that looks onto the garden or a sea view, and we particularly loved the interior design of the rooms. www.mykonostheoxenia.com
- Bill & Coo Suites and Lounge: We mentioned this hotel in the sunset section, but it was impossible not to include it in the accommodation section too. This is a hotel where everything has been thought out with romance in mind. The hotel’s delicious food will have you licking your plate clean, and the service is perfect. www.bill-coo-hotel.com
- Kouros Hotel & Suites: Kouros is located right next to Tagoo Beach. From the bedrooms you can see the windmills. Each of the rooms gets full marks for its unique decor. www.kouroshotelmykonos.gr
- Grecotel Mykonos Blu: The first thing to mention is that it is very close to Psarou Beach, with its strikingly golden sands. You may want to stay here simply for the view from many of the rooms of the sea blending with the sky. www.mykonosblu.com
- Casa Del Mar Mykonos Seaside Resort: The design of this hotel on Ornos Beach is wonderful. The hotel has spacious rooms and is ideal for families. A good option for those on a lower budget. www.casadelmarmykonos.com